Saturday, June 24, 2006

Peace

I had a most beautiful experience today connecting with myself in a way that I was unaware of. I went to yoga.
This particular type was Bikram yoga, which focused on strength training and body alignment in a heated room. Maybe I was dehydrated or exhausted but it had been clear to me that my whole body and life was filled with impurities and needed cleansing and purging. For that brief 2 hours I felt so much ease, and nothing in the world mattered except my peace,strength and then secondly the harmony of those around me.

Now I know this sounds like a bunch of poppy-cock, maybe even new- agey, but it felt very spiritual. I left feeling focused and I hope to maintain this. Really I do.
It was a gift I gave to myself that no one (besides the yogi) could take away from me. I imagine this is the elation childbearing must be like- you produced and for lack of a better word secreted something wonderful.

I am not sure how and why it felt so good. I have been to the gym before and it just seemed like a series of stretches. After yoga,I feel more equipped to handle stressful situations and to problem solve. I had put a few things into perspective. Life is actually good.Things are not as bad as they seem. Current woes will be stories tomorrow, just fables. I feel pleasant, and even though there are still some glitches that I can't solve with a few excercises, my mind feels not only willing to take them on, but less cluttered.

There is so much one can push themself to undertake with a stronger body,spirit and mind and even if this is just for today, what an amazing feeling it was.

Goodnight to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home