Thursday, June 08, 2006

Love and Loss

Either Way I lose by Nina Simone

If I stay, I know I'm that I'm gonna share your love and that I couldn't take. And if I go, we'll be apart and I know my heart would surely break. So, what
difference does it make, which one I choose? Either way I lose.

Though I know, my love is true. I'd die if you ever told me good-bye. Ever told
me good-bye. And I know, she loves you too. She would do, the same as I. What
difference does it make, which one I choose? Either way I lose. Either way I
lose. Either way I lose.


This song brings back memories of my Dad as it played in the household growing up. It never made sense to me then as a child. But I sung it whole heartedly word for word. I sang it today in a whole different light, understanding and feeling the essence. I also don't grasp the comment about "better to have loved and lost, than not loved at all." Not sure which is the greater of the two evils. Loss is integrated into the act of loving, as you lose part of yourself to do so. At times you lose your pride, othertimes your temper. Whatever the chemicals dictate.

Unrelated- why did it rain so much today and will continue to do so. I don't want to hear because the clouds were saturated and we have a storm front either! I resembled a wet rodent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home