Sunday, June 15, 2008

All in my head

It seems you are what is called an imaginary friend. One that I had only dreamt of but somehow did exist.My former playmate,companion and confidante, that was once very real is now just vapor.The perfect friend- laughed and comprehended my jovial nature, thoughtful and spontaneous- now obsolete in a space filled with unnecessary people.

Now that I no longer see you,does that infer I have now grown,matured into adulthood and left you behind. Or is it possible dear friend, that you could have left me and found someone new to play with? How supportive you were during my times of stress! Oh how you comforted me, fed me, spoke to me as if I were not losing my sanity! Who will fill your void,dear friend? Am I now independent? It seems you were just a medium for me to express my fears and fantasies but not one to fulfill them.

I imagine dear friend, that I shan't forget you, but you are somewhere in the caverns of my mind. Perchance we should meet again, will you still be my friend even though you or I have changed? Or will we take our separate roads imagining that the other is not there. Its puzzling how something so tangible could be everything but that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home